Have an interesting initiative, corporate sponsorship opportunity or a general question? Please get in touch with us.
The Lake Nona Impact Forum
The 2013 Lake Nona Impact Forum is scheduled to convene October 23 – 25 in Orlando. The Lake Nona Impact Forum is a convergence of top thought leaders representing academia, industry, healthcare delivery and government to collaborate and exchange ideas for improving national health and wellness.
Committed to unlocking innovation to create sustainable health communities and advance the quality of life, the invitation-only forum seeks to explore the intersections of wellness, sustainable living and education through inspiring presentations, interactive innovation sessions and high-quality networking with key leaders in various industries.
Below are of some of the highlights of the 2012 Impact Forum, links to a photo gallery, and a short video with observations from a handful of our speakers.
- John Chambers, CEO of Cisco Systems, Alex Gorsky, CEO of Johnson & Johnson, and
Pat Geraghty, CEO of Florida Blue announced major new initiatives with Lake Nona to develop and advance products and services that can improve the health of the region and the nation.
- Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist emphasized the unique opportunity at Lake Nona for “collaborative innovation” to accelerate the impact of health innovation.
- Sue Siegel, CEO of GE Healthymagination, cited examples of “corporate garages” among some of the world’s largest companies that are driving promising innovations.
- Michael Roizen, MD, Chief Wellness Officer, Cleveland Clinic, focused on the need to establish a culture of wellness in organizations and communities to help address the high percentage of healthcare costs driven by manageable chronic diseases.
- Daniel Kraft, MD, Stanford University, highlighted the frenetic pace of technology innovation that will improve prevention and care delivery.
Click HERE for a great recap video.
Click HERE for the 2012 Program Guide